Subject: Re: LW's on a 2000
From: [email-masked] (Gwynne Reddick)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 18:36:09 +0000
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Glenn M. Saunders ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Since we're talking here about memory, I'd like to know whether 8 or 16 
: mb is preferable.

I had a lot of problems with Lightwave locking up and bombing out completely
when I was running it in 14 megs. Layout will quite happily let you attempt
actions for which you haven't got nearly enough ram, a few seconds later you're
looking at a black screen with a flashing red box in it :(. This is definately
a memory checking problem since I've only had it happen once since I went up
to 30 megs of ram - with 14 megs it would do it 2 maybe 3 times a day.

Gwynne.

--

-
*                                                                          *
* Gwynne Reddick                             You`re Going Home in a        *
* London, England                                                          *
* Email [email-masked]                F**cking AMBIENCE.            *
*                                                                          *